Tuesday, November 20, 2007

OUTWARS: downloads & installation


You can't really buy Outwars anymore unless you get lucky and find it on ebay or get a copy from a friend. Recently CAT_JeStEr of outwarsforever.com uploaded the ISO's of the game so that everyone can have the privilege of downloading the full version of the game. In the past people have hosted the trial, the full version of the game but never both CDs that actually come with the game so take advantage of this opprotunity.
If you have never used ISO's or even heard of them for that matter than listen up. An ISO is burned Image of the a cd. This means that all the information on a CD is burned onto a PC in an ISO file. It's as if you had the physical cd's themselves. Here is what you do:

Step 1: download cd1













Step 2: download cd2













Step 3: download
Blind Right 6
Step 4: Install the trial version of Blind Write 6.
Step 5: Extract the data files from the archives.
Step 6: Double click on the file name "OUTWARS_CD1.B6T. This should bring up Blind Write 6.
Step 7: Burn the Outwars CD 1 image off to a cd.
Step 8: Double click on the file name "OUTWARS_CD2.B6T. This should bring up Blind Write 6.
Step 9: Burn the Outwars CD 2 image off to a cd.
Step 8: Install Outwars from the CD and congratulations you know can play the game.

If you have any trouble with any of these steps or if you have questions because you're not sure what to do then please visit the new OUTWARS FOREVER forums here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool, finally a decent 3d shooting game for my netbook :D

thanks for uploading

Sean said...

Wow - I really appreciate this. I started played outwars back in 98... I would have been 10. I'm 22 now and still remember playing it. Imma fall in love with this game all over again.

Anonymous said...

god damn i was looking for cd2 for so long

awesome thanks

Unknown said...

IM trying to download the cds.. please someone upload a torrent or do something please!!!!

Unknown said...

Theres no link to the cds, please if someone have the game, upload as a torrent as an ISO or zip, pleaseeeee!!!

Unknown said...

if anybody needs to get a hold of Outwars CD images but can't, send me a message: MadRush at rushworx dot net. I'll probably put an ISO image up on my website

AhLohr (on Gameranger) said...

I have the full version of outwars and just added it as torrent so if anyone is looking for it im seeding

Anonymous said...

Anyone looking to play online? Just found this game and I have been obsessed with it since. Send me an email at ianwilliams@live.ca

Mason said...

Looking for outwars ISO images

If anyone still has both ISO images and is willing to share I would love to have a copy of the images.

Please drop me an E-Mail at lonniemason at googlemail dot com

Thanks

Mutantx said...

Greetins,

I too am looking for the CD images of this wonderful game. If anyone has it and/or willing to share it please contact me at szederpg@gmail.com Thank you!

Mason said...

Right peoples we are in luck I just found an old copy of Outwars on eBay and bought it just a few hours ago I should be getting it in a few days.

It's an international order so it might be 3-4 days.

As soon as I get the CD's am going to be uploading them on Usenet(newsgroups) and torrents.
If possible I will also have an FTP server hosting the ISO's

Kind Regards
Mason

Mason said...

Right I got my copy of Outwars and made a copy of CD's 1&2 in .bin format.

Uploaded on torrents for now. Will upload to other sources at a latter date.

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8461462/Outwars_%28PC_1998%29_CD_1_amp_amp_2_Artwork_and_Manual

Also it seems that someone has created a facebook group called "Outwars Never Dies" that is also hosting a copy of outwars in .bin format. It's worth checking out.

Kind regards
Mason

OWReaper said...

That's us. Visit Outwars Never Dies on facebook for all your outwars needs. We have a copy of both discs in .bin format, a copy of the trial version, and a copy of the Outwars beta. The torrent given by Mason is legit so we'll be hosting it as well.

Unknown said...

Backup blu ray movies to PC